Links to Koisuru Boukun have been added
Online Info: Being in love with your not-gay sempai isn't easy, but being in love with your not-gay, homophobic, and (to top it off) tyrannical sempai can be hell! (Click for links)
The holder of the Japanese rights to YuGiOh â€” TV Tokyo Corp and Nihon Ad Systems â€” has nixed its deal with 4Kids Entertainment alleging the company struck secret deals to defraud the Japanese companies of anime profits. Oh snap!
Let me explain a bit further.Â 4Kids is the U.S. company who gets the rights to Japanese anime and dubs it so it can be aired on U.S. television.Â For hits like YuGiOh, the Hollywood Reporter.com reports that 4Kids Ent made more than $152 million over 8 years which included merchandising related to the anime series.
So what happened?Â TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Sys filed a lawsuit saying that after they audited 4Kids' accounting records, they learned that 4Kids cut deals with TV networks like Cartoon Network, and home video distributors like Funimation Productions... all while making "improper royalty deductions".
More Articles ...
- Astarotte's Toy Simulcast on Crunchyroll April 10 2011
- Madoka Magica postponed? Not postponed? What gives?
- New links: Ballad of a Shinigami
- Site Updates: Improved Info Center, Registration Working
- Welcome back to ANIMEOTA
- Hyakujitsu no Bara Trailer
- Ai no Kusabi 2009 remake
- New anime releases March 2009
- Animerica: Demon warriors snapped photos of ninjas
- Sapp to fight Anime Character Mantaro